Re: How to get rid of Gnome desktop?

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Mike Alborn wrote:

> 	My best guess is that gnome is being loaded from your ~/.xinitrc or
> ~/.xsession files. Perhaps setting up X to load a different config file
> depending on the disk you currently have booted. Accoring to the xinit manpage,
> the environment variable $XINITRC tells xinit where to look for config; perhaps
> you could set that differently, depending on which disk you happen to be
> running, and xinit will look there instead of the default .xinitrc

Mike,
thanx for your suggestions, but I have neither a .xinitrc, a .xsession, a
.Xinitrc, a .Xsession, or XINITRC set (I do have a .Xdefaults which
contains lots of stuff but nothing Gnomish).
I found that /etc/alternatives/x-session-manager -> /usr/bin/gnome-session
; apparently at a recent package upgrade Gnome overwrote whatever used to
be there.  Which begs the question why KDE is still on my screen.
--

	Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters
		NL-1062 KD nr 149	tel.    +31-204080204
 			Amsterdam	e-mail  tpeters@xs4all.nl