Re: abiword unstable in testing??

"joe golden" <jg1024@hotmail.com> writes:

> Jeez folks, I'm a debian supporter, but if debian hopes to make
> inroads on the desktop it needs a *solid* word processor.  Doesn't
> have to be real fancy, but it can't half eat letters.

Shouldn't you be addressing this to abiword developers?

FWIW, I am not seeing half-eaten letters on printouts of a simple test
(four lines of "Test " repeated without newlines) on 0.9.0-0.1 in
unstable, using the default font and size (Times New Roman, 12 pt).
Those are the defaults it pops up with when I use it, at least.

I also do not see bug reports filed against the abiword package
referencing this.  I haven't found anything in Abiword's bug
tracker... a few things which might describe your problems, but none I
can reproduce.

These are all things you could have done which may have gotten more
useful results than your posts to debian-user.  You could also have
posted more details than you did in any of your posts: was the problem
just on imported docs?  Could you replicate it by entering text from a
blank document?  Was it all fonts and font sizes, or just some?  If
it's just imported documents, is it a problem with line spacing or
something (a problem I've seen on imported docs in many word
processors)?

Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.