Re: Perl problem in Debian Linux?

Thanks Pietro for you reply. Here are some details.

The program foreach (<*>){
           print "$_\n";
	   }
gives (1) no error with perl -c
      (2) runs ok from the command line with perl -e
      (3) gives: syntax error near unexpected token '(<*'

The same happens when I replace the <*> with glob("*"):
     syntac error near unexpected token '(glob('

It may be that the fact that bash is the shell is the problem. I tried
changing shells to csh, but it made not difference. Another puzzle is
that it runs ok from the command line.

Sebastian.