Re: uptime

* Dimitri Maziuk (dmaziuk@yola.bmrb.wisc.edu) spake thusly:
> * Rino Mardo (rmardo@yahoo.com) spake thusly:
> > On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 01:45:41PM -0500 or thereabouts, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> > > Hmm. We had an NT swerver with about 8 months uptime at work[n - 1].
> > > The only reson it got rebooted was because we bought a rack and had
> > > to switch the fscker off to put it in there. So it's not the OS, it's
> > > how you use it...
> > >
> > so you mean you've never used your nt server at all hence the
> > unbelievable uptime?  don't get me wrong here i just can't believe the
> > figures
>
> We didn't run luser apps on it, except Access (well, DAO, actually). Other
> than that it was serving files 24/7. And it was NT _server_, not WS.

More to the point, that post triggerred a pet peeve of mine: winders can
be stable, when set up properly. Anyone who says (or implies) otherwise
is clueless luser perpetrating FUD.

Winders, and the rest of MicroShit crapware is horrible - for many reasons.
Uptime is not one of them.

Dima
--
I'm going to exit now since you don't want me to replace the printcap. If you
change your mind later, run                        -- magicfilter config script