Re: xinit problem

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Josh McKinney wrote:

> On approximately Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 09:25:00AM -0700, Dale Morris wrote:
>
> As far as I know there is no /etc/X11/XSession file.  Try /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
Still doesn't work. I have commented out Xsession file from the
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc and put ~/.xsession at the end, startingx
results in the same behavior. There is some script somewhere that
isn't allowing startx to read the .xsession file.

Another problem I have is that I can't change window managers on the
fly. Although installed, there are no window managers listed in the
debian menu.

dale