Re: Deleting mail without downloading

> None of the mail programs (all X-based BTW) I use appear
> capable of deleting an email from a pop server without
> downloading it first. So I'm curious: Is there a mail
program
> (MTA, MUA, etc.) that can delete (filtering, say, on size or
> spammer) an email from a pop server without wasting
> precious bandwidth?

Does fetchmail have a setting for something like 'headers
only' ?? I just checked fetchmail's site and see this:

Resource Limit Control Options
-l <maxbytes>, --limit <maxbytes>
Takes a maximum octet size argument. Messages larger than this
size will not be fetched and will be left on the server...

If you're not using fetchmail, or something similar, it will
be up to your specific e-mail client to do what you want.

A workaround, and it may not even be possible, is to delete it
via your ISP's 'webmail'. Obviously if you're ISP doesn't
offer this you're out of luck.

Hall