Re: Debian inside VM can't find NIC

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:06:20 -0400, Rupert Heesom wrote:

>One more question, though.  I'm more used to the redhat way of handling
>Linux.  You know, using linuxconf or netconf to configure things.
>
>Under Debian, are there any such utils, or do I edit config files?

Honestly, I don't know. I'm using Debian since years, but the only thing I
always do is edit config files by hand. :-)

>Also, what I've done to get the eth0 interface up and running is -
>1)  put "modprobe pcnet32" into the /etc/init.d/networking startup
>script file (got right script name?).

The "proper" way would've been to put it into /etc/modules.

>2)  edit /etc/network/interfaces to configure eth0 there.

That was perfectly right.

Ralf

--
Verkaufe Original-BMW-Raeder:                    L I N U X       .~.
http://adsl-bergs.rz.rwth-aachen.de/~rabe       The  Choice      /V\