Re: Debian inside VM can't find NIC

Thanks for your answers, guys.  It was much appreciated.

I've now got my NIC working & configured.

One more question, though.  I'm more used to the redhat way of handling
Linux.  You know, using linuxconf or netconf to configure things.

Under Debian, are there any such utils, or do I edit config files?
Config files are not a problem for me... I just need to know what to do.

Also, what I've done to get the eth0 interface up and running is -
1)  put "modprobe pcnet32" into the /etc/init.d/networking startup
script file (got right script name?).
2)  edit /etc/network/interfaces to configure eth0 there.

Could I have done this in a better way?

--
regs
rupert