Re: exim

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 06:56:00PM +0200 or thereabouts, Timeboy wrote:

> On Tuesday Sep 11 16:11 Marc Becher wrote:
>
> > ** Excuse me for being so stupid.
> > ** You mean an exim option to deliver a local written mail to exim?
> > **                                                         ^^
> > ** Sorry, that seems a little hard to understand.
>
> Hmmmm...  Don't know how i could write this esyer.
>
> Bevore exim is able to send any mail, there must be a mail in exims
> queue list...  in exim...  into the exim system...  how you like.

of course there must be mails waiting in the queue list before exim can
deliver mails. otherwise what is there to deliver?

> And to put a mail into exims queue list, you can use an exim option.
> An option that deliver this mail to exim. To exims queue list.

you don't need any option in exim for exim to accept mails from the
local system.  just write an email and if exim is your default mta it
will accept those mails and put it in its queue list.

> Or do you think exim produces my mails by himself?
>
> It's great to have a working -q option to send the mails waiting in
> queue list. But what do you will do with exim -q, if there is no
> option to put a mail into this list? There is no reason to use
> option -q if no mail is waiting in exim. So i have to deliver a
> mail to exim bevore i can call exim to send this mail out.

as i've said just write your email and it will get queued in exim queue
list. "exim -q" flushes or delivers waiting mails in the queue.

> Do you understand me now?

no. we still can't get hold of what your problem is. is it that exim
can't deliver mail to the internet or is it that exim isn't running?

--
"In is out and out is in.  But out is out and in is in."
	-- Pumbaa