Re: exim

On Wednesday Sep 12 01:38 Rino Mardo wrote:

> ** of course there must be mails waiting in the queue list before exim can
> ** deliver mails. otherwise what is there to deliver?

Do i become stupid? Or isn't exim an MTA? Sorry that i don't understand
this question. But isn't only a mail that thing, that exim can deliver?
I only can answere: There is a mail to deliver.

> ** > And to put a mail into exims queue list, you can use an exim option.
> ** > An option that deliver this mail to exim. To exims queue list.
> ** >
> ** you don't need any option in exim for exim to accept mails from the
> ** local system.  just write an email and if exim is your default mta it
> ** will accept those mails and put it in its queue list.

But i need. Ok, exim is the dafault MTA. But i like to deliver my mails
via konsole kommand (shell script) to exim. So i could ask you: what is an
MUA  like mutt doing to deliver the mails to exim? This will not happens by
a ghost or by another miracle. There must be a kommand that delivers the
mails to the dafault MTA.

For example:

# exim -bS <mail file>

does this. But it has the bad effect to need an online connection, cause
this -bS option like to send the mail at the same time to my mail ISP.
And i only like to put the mails into exims queue list to send them later.
Do you know any option who can do this for me? # man exim has no info
about this. Or any other kommand that can do this?

Timo

--
Wer Käse mag, der futtert auch Füsse!

 :-)