Re: mail server

also sprach Christian Schoenebeck (on Tue, 11 Sep 2001 02:51:19PM +0200):
> Ok, I can configure postfix to send all outgoing users' mails to one
> smtp relay host of an ISP, but I can't see a way to get postfix to
> fetch mails from several ISPs or have I overseen something?
> Again, do I have to use fetchmail for this???

sorry if i missed your question about that... the only mailserver i
know that can do this is MDaemon for windoze. with any of exim,
postfix, qmail, sendmail, fetchmail is what you'll need to use to get
mail from a pop account into the server.

or, if you know that you'll be connected at least once in three days,
then get dynamic dns going so that whenever you are online, your
machine is known with a name globally over the net, then ask your ISP
to set up forwarding for the entire domain to that dynamic host name,
and whenever you come back up, send an ETRN to the isp and all the
queued mail will trickle in... no passwords, failproof, beautiful.

the nice thing about windoze is - it does not just crash,
it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'ok' first.