Re: seeing umlauts in mutt (works okay in vim, not mutt)

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 10:29:12PM -0500, will trillich wrote:
> [...]
| > |
| > | (i didn't know about that one, either. vim's got so much i
| > | wonder if even the /author/ knows everything that's in there.)
| >
| > I don't get this.

Actually, as I read the quoting right now I don't know why I didn't
get this.  I must not have read closely enough last night.

| i was referring to vim operations ^K-keystroke-keystroke and :dig
| (:digraph). very cool. i could learn a new feature about vim
| every hour and i bet it'd take ten years to finish.

Yeah, vim has *lots* of great features, and even some really obscure
ones that I'm sure are useful to someone.

| > | now, who can tell us newbies how to make MUTT dislpay the 8-bit
| > | chars correctly? (i see lots of ? in mutt, but in vim all is
| > | lovely.)
| >
| > What pager do you use with mutt?
|
| i've got it defaulting, which i presume is the mutt internal
| pager. 8-bit chars come up as ? instead of ? or ? or ?.  (in vim,
| i occasionally see =D5 =E7 [just made these up; i don't have any
| in front of me to refer to for replication] but most of them look
| fine.)

I don't know how to use the built-in pager.  If I start mutt in a new
account that hasn't yet been configured to use less I get screwed up
because it switches messages when all I wanted to do was scroll down.
(IOW it has different key bindings from less and I haven't learned
them)

-D