seeing umlauts in mutt (works okay in vim, not mutt)

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 03:49:31PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 06:28:19PM +0100, Oliver Elphick (olly@lfix.co.uk) wrote:
> > Using vim as the editor, I can type Ctrl-k U " or Ctrl-k u "
> >
> > :dig shows all currently-defined digraphs.
>
> Vielen Danke!  Das vird nur noch ein bißchen toll sein!
>
> Tschüs!
>
> (Und eine Entschuldigun zu aller Deutscher heir für meine schlechte
> deutsche Sprache).

hey, now, watch your language. :)

(i didn't know about that one, either. vim's got so much i
wonder if even the /author/ knows everything that's in there.)

now, who can tell us newbies how to make MUTT dislpay the 8-bit
chars correctly? (i see lots of ? in mutt, but in vim all is
lovely.)

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #46 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
: