Re: GUI in Debian 2.2r3

On Monday Sep 10 22:40 Helmut Trinkl wrote:

> ** Now, Timo, why confuse it all here?! The user originally requesting
> ** help, "recently installed Debian" on his/her computer. He/she "can't
> ** seem to get the GUI to show up",  t h e  GUI, not some GUI.

Yes! And that's the fact cause i suggested him/her to install something
like Gnome or KDE! I think this is anough for help cause there is not
t h e GUI on a Debian system, but several GUI's. So don't let's quarrel
about the best explanation for GUI.

However! Thank you for your postings. May be possible it was bad from
me, to forget to tell something about XFree86.

Timo

--
Wer Käse mag, der futtert auch Füsse!

 :-)