Re: VIM Behavior Modification

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 01:27:07PM -0700, Nick Jennings wrote:
> I am using vim and am having problems pasting content into a file while
> using vim. vim is "auto-indenting" based on the previous line, so the
> pasted text is quickly mauled and tabbed out more and more every line
> (for large chunks of text, this is completely unmanageable).
>
> However, when I am programming, I make use of this feature. How can
> I selectively turn this feature on and off?

Im not too sure how to turn it on and off dynamically whether you are
pasting or typing, but you can always fill in the commands manually before
you paste...

:set noautoindent
to shut it off

:set autoindent
ofcourse to bring it back.

You might be able to hack vim to set that up into a hot-key combination, but
I have no idea :P

enjoy

--
Adam McDaniel