Re: Compiling lame

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Julio Merino wrote:

> > doh. Including executable permissions? Should have mentioned that.
>
> Which permissions? (I've tried to give everything +x, but still doesn't
> work)

debian/rules

> > debian/rules needs to be executable for dpkg-buildpackage to run.
> > It's probably a feature that you have to change the perms, maybe it
> > assumes you'll have looked at the file too? :)

Actually a cvs checkout lame produces a non-executable debian/rules;
you'll need to chmod 755 it.

> Ok, have given debian/rules the +x mode, and now, it passes, but fails
> later:
> dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is i386
>  debian/rules clean
>  dh_testdir
>  make: dh_testdir: No se encontró el programa
>  make: *** [clean] Error 127

You need to apt-get install debhelper.

> I'm getting crazy :(

Not crazy--you're just using an old version. I highly recommend you
refresh your checkout; I've been in contact with the new maintainer, Viral
(currently moving), who has fixed up a lot of stuff in the lame packages.

---
Dan Chen                 crimsun@email.unc.edu
GPG key: www.cs.unc.edu/~chenda/pubkey.gpg.asc