Re: problem with ppp and 2.4.7

thanks for your help.

Somehow the 2.4.7 kernel uses /dev/ttyS4 to connect to the modem instead of /dev/ttyS3 which is used by the 2.4.2 kernel. Well I changed everything to point to /dev/ttyS4 and everything is working now, again. :-)

Can anybody tell me why I have to use /dev/ttyS4 now instead of /dev/ttyS3?? I didn't change anything regarding this - all I did was to compile a new kernel to add some features that aren't related to ppp at all.

thanks,
Philipp