Re: Compiling lame

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 12:51:55PM -0400, Mike McGuire wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 05:08:37PM +0200, Julio Merino wrote:
> eh. Why not use the debian scripts they've been nice enough to
> provide? :)  Really, I've been using them for a while. Makes things
> nice and easy. Install the dpkg-dev package if you need it, check
> the config file debian/rules in the lame source tree, then run
> dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc  Works great except for a few hackish
> things I've had to do with a few odd configure options, but I may be
> able to help with that if you get to it. Also, I'd reccommend
> sticking with the latest versions. They've been adding and tweaking
> things constantly, and haven't ever managed to break anything that
> I've noticed. :)

Oh, didn't noticed the debian subdirectory... But it still does not work.
I get this when running dpkg-buildpackage:

juli:/tmp/lame-3.89# dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is lame
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 3.88-0
dpkg-buildpackage: source maintainer is Ingo Saitz <Ingo.Saitz@stud.uni-hannover.de>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is i386
 debian/rules clean
 /usr/bin/dpkg-buildpackage: debian/rules: bad interpreter: Permission denied

Weird. I have permissions (have checked already the directory/files) and I'm
running that as root...
Can the problem arise because I'm using zsh and not bash...?

Thanks.