Re: Good mail management techniques?

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:

> on Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 04:18:53PM -0700, Ross Boylan (RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org) wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 12:12:14PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > > The concept you're proposing has some similarities to ideas espoused by
> > > David Gelertner, whose capsule biography will always read "Yale
> > > professor, computer scientist, and victim of the Unabomber (Theodore
> > > Kaczynski)".  David survived the attempt on his life, though he was
> > > permanently injured as a result.

> > On it's face, the idea of organizing by time is different from what I
> > had in mind.  However, it may be that the other classification
> > facilities would give me what I was looking for.

It might be worth having a look at JWZ's "Intertwingle" proposal, if
you haven't before:

<http://www.mozilla.org/blue-sky/misc/199805/intertwingle.html>

AFAIK, the proposal is as fal as that's gotten.

john.
--
When in doubt, parenthesize.  At the very least it will let some
poor schmuck bounce on the % key in vi.