Re: dpkg-scanpackages on an official mirror

also sprach der.hans (on Sun, 09 Sep 2001 02:24:09AM -0700):
> > > Am 08. Sep, 2001 schwäzte Martin F Krafft so:
> >                    ^^^^^^^^
> >                    schwätzte...
>
> Blöder Tippfehler, gell? :(

no stress :)

> > well, i know this. but the official mirror's pool/ tree has
> > duplicates in it, as all of potato, woody, and sid index into it. some
> > package version 2.0 might only be in woody while 1.3 exists in
> > potato... then pool/m/myprogram will exist in two version and the
> > Packages.gz file of the respective distro should include only the
> > appropriate version/package.
>
> Hmm. What's the source for determining what's in potato, woody and sid?

i don't know. part of the reason i asked.

1-800-psych
hello, welcome to the psychiatric hotline.
if you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want.
just stay on the line so we can trace the call.