Re: dpkg-scanpackages on an official mirror

Am 09. Sep, 2001 schwätzte Martin F Krafft so:

> also sprach der.hans (on Sat, 08 Sep 2001 01:38:13PM -0700):
> > Am 08. Sep, 2001 schwäzte Martin F Krafft so:
>                    ^^^^^^^^
>                    schwätzte...

Blöder Tippfehler, gell? :(

> well, i know this. but the official mirror's pool/ tree has
> duplicates in it, as all of potato, woody, and sid index into it. some
> package version 2.0 might only be in woody while 1.3 exists in
> potato... then pool/m/myprogram will exist in two version and the
> Packages.gz file of the respective distro should include only the
> appropriate version/package.

Hmm. What's the source for determining what's in potato, woody and sid?

> or is this what ./override is for? if not, what is *it's* purpose?

It's for overriding stuff :). As I remember the docs, they said something
about CD vendors. Allows them to make changes. Might be important for CD1
vs. CD2, etc. Might enable them to include/remove things, e.g. crypto
packages.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  kill telnet, long live ssh - der.hans