Re: kernel 2.4.x and unstable/ Kernels

Am 08. Sep, 2001 schwäzte Craig Dickson so:

> I have not found any reason to prefer make-kpkg over "make bzImage" and
> manually installing the kernel image.

I've adminned many boxen with almost the same configuration. Also, my
firewall has no developer tools. kpkg actually doesn't help me much there
because there's no lilo on PPC either :), but I still like it.

I'm actually moving almost completely to pre-packaged kernels on x86. I
don't often need something that was patched in and the packages have been
working quite well for me. Sure will make adminning the boxen at work
easier.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  Knowledge is useless unless it's shared. - der.hans