Re: dpkg-scanpackages on an official mirror

Am 08. Sep, 2001 schwäzte Martin F Krafft so:

> hi, we operate a full debian mirror and need to redo the Packages
> every now and then, if last night's rsync did not complete all the
> way. but i am confused, and trying to recreate every Packages file
> results in many "duplicate" errors such as
>
> ! Package pcmcia-source (filename ./debian/dists/Debian2.2r3/main/
>   binary-all/admin/pcmcia-source_3.1.22-0.1potato.deb) is repeat;
>   ignored that one and using data from ./debian/dists/Debian2.2r3/
>   main/binary-all/admin/pcmcia-source_3.1.22-0.2potato.deb !
>
> does anyone have a script as to how Packages files are updated if you
> have a full Debian package tree?

This is just letting you know that you have two different versions for that
package and it's taken the highest version for the Packages file.

Search for a bug report I made for dpkg-scanpackages and the fix for that
bug.

If you look at the Packages.gz file, you'll see each of those packages are
only listed once.

Do you need both to be listed?

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --