imwheelrc not used in sid?

hello

i am new to this list coming along with a question i didn't find in the
archives (maybe my fault, but all of the archives would have been really
too much). So I hope somebody has a solution for this:

I really like using the imwheel in X. And so far it works (as I can use it
with some programs like mozilla or a simple xterm).

But to me it seems, that it does not be configurable. I tried several settings
in imwheelrc, copied it to from /etc/X11/imwheel to /etc and $HOME/imwheelrc,
moved it out of the way at all, nothing ever changes with imwheel's behaviour.

It seems like imwheel doesn't use the imwheelrc at all.
Also the helper-program never occurs.
As I am sure I did everything as said in the documentation, but maybe there is
still a point I missed.

Can anybody help? It would be so great to have a configurable(useful) imwheel,
that can be set up to work with screen.

btw I'm running sid and a bad english(sorry)

many thanks -- marc