Re: kernel 2.4.x and unstable

On Sat, 2001-09-08 at 15:59, dman wrote:
> Add 'devfs=mount' to your kernel command line and try again.  Use the
> old-dev name for the root= argument though.

I'm getting there...

devfsd starts and hangs on "Creating extra device nodes...".

Looking at the script:

for i in `sed -e '/^#/d' $DEVFILES 2>/dev/null`; do

And playing with sed revels that at that moment in time $DEVFILES is
empty, as I have no /etc/devfs/devices.list.  That file in generated
from the contents of /etc/devfs/devices.d, which is empty on my machine.
I tried creating a null file (just a comment) but that gets stripped out
by the code which populated $DEVFILES.  :-(

Does anyone have a sample file which I can drop into
/etc/devfs/devices.d?

Thanks,
Ross Burton