Re: How to produce Hungarian documents?

Glyn Millington <glyn@millingtons.org> asked:

> I'm trying to convert my wife from W95 to Linux - Debian of course.
  Good idea!

> The only difficulty is to find a way of producing documents in Hungarian,
> preferably in as painless a manner as possible [..]

> Can anyone point me to a program which will allow her to produce her
> letters and essays and articles in Hungarian?

I know of an excellent way to produce documents in many languages. It
is TeX/LaTeX. This is a "typesetter" that allows to process texts in
many languages. Many people think that it has far higher quality than
conventional text processors (Word, WP, Lotus). The drawback is, that
TeX is not really wysiswyg and costs some time to get accustomed
to. However, the Lyx package implements a wysiweg processor based on
LaTeX (I have no experience with LyX).

If you are interested, check out the book "LaTeX, a Document
Preparation System" (Lamport, publ: Addison Wesley), check out LyX
documentation and look for documentation about Babel (a kind of add-on
to produce multi-lingual documents and supports many languages. It
comes standard with almost all TeX distributions).

Hope this is interesting for you.

Paul Huygen