From RH to Debian: two pending problems.

Hello:

I have switched from RH to Debian recently (for my desktop).
Unfortunately, I still have two pending problems which
I had taken for granted while I was using RH:
- turning on the sound
- turning on the printer printer (my beloved ole' BJC-210SP)

I am currently using KDE on a potato 2.2r3. OK, I admit
that I have not done anything besides trying to understand
what the #@&^*&^* related HOWTO says.

Is there any hitchhiker's guide floating around? URL?

regards,

--
Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim - VLSM-TJT - http://rms46.vlsm.org
===========> .signature at http://rms46.vlsm.org/1/36.html