Re: fetchmail question

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 03:06:42AM +0000, john smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a question on fetchmail....
>
> 1. I have created my $.fetchmailrc file via fetchmailconf and set daemon at
> 60..(that's in seconds right?) and sent myself a test message but
> bizarringly fetchmail doesn't go get it even after 10 minutes until I tell
> fetchmail to go check my mail! I don't know what's going on...

Try to isolate proplem first.

There is either dealy untill your mail gets into your mailbox ( none
of fetchmail's business), or whether fetchmail doesn't take it for a
long time.

So I suggest send yourself a message (and watch your mail-daemon logs
for any anomalies) and run 'fetchmail -d0' (runs fetchmail, but
ignores damon setting in .fmrc), and see how fast it gets there.
If everytime you run it, it says something like "no messages for user
at mail.foo.org" , then mail is not coming into your mailbox, but if
this works almost right away, and fetchmail daemon just doesn't get
your mail, it's fetchmail problem.