Re: Sylpheed

On Thu, 06 Sep 2001, Shawn Yarbrough wrote:
> no luck even though I'd bet a zillion dollars that this question has
> been asked before...

Well, I am not sure it was asked before :P

> How do I upgrade a single package and it's dependencies from the stable
> versions to a less stable version like testing?
[of sylpheed]

Change the apt sources.list file, do a apt-get update (or dselect update),
and then request:  apt-get install sylpheed.

Now, change the apt sources.list file back, and run apt-get/dselect update
again to reset state.

> Is there an easy way to use Slypheed without completely upgrading my
> system to testing or unstable?  The system in question can not afford
> downtime.

Look for Kov's potato backport of sylpheed at people.debian.org/~kov.

  Henrique Holschuh