Re: ne driver in kernel 2.2

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 09:49:18PM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:

| Okay, until I get kernel 2.4.x working to my satisfaction I've got to
| live with kernel 2.2.x with it's poor non-autodetecting ne driver.
| Does anyone have any tips to getting a no-name ISA NE?000 clone working
| with Sid?  I does work fine as I rebooted to Mandrake and used it...

I have had no problem with my netgear ISA NE2k clone using the ne module
and kernel 2.2.19.  First I disabled PnP on the card using the DOS
utility that came with it.  Is your card trying to use PnP?  Then I
had to specify the io address of the card in my modules.conf.  Try
using the same address that Mandrake tells you it is using.  Maybe
/proc or dmesg will tell you something about the card.

-D