Re: Old BIOS does not support bootable cdroms

"Donald R. Spoon" wrote:

> Ken Mead wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was given on old P166 and want to put Debian on it however the old BIOS
> > does not support bootable cd's. Can someone please point/help me make a
> > floppy disk that will allow me to boot my debian cd so I can get this box
> > running. I would go and get the floppy images but I only
> > have one floppy left.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Ken Mead

You can get up an running with Smart Boot Manager.  You can create a
boot disk which allows you to choose the device from which to actually
boot your machine.  This includes booting from CDROM when the BIOS does
not support it.  It is trivial to install and compile.

http://btmgr.webframe.org/index.php3

Thomas R. Shemanske
(Mailing Address)                  (Office/Internet Information)
Department of Mathematics          203 Choate House
6188 Bradley Hall                  thomas.r.shemanske@dartmouth.edu
Dartmouth College                  http://www.math.dartmouth.edu/~trs/
Hanover, NH 03755-3551             (603) 646 - 3179

Directions:  http://www.math.dartmouth.edu/~trs/choatehouse.html
Office hours:
http://www.math.dartmouth.edu/~trs/frontmatter/office.html

Spring Term Office Hours:  By appointment