Re: thread hijacking [was: shell script for bash]

* Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org) wrote:
<SNIP>
> Give it a later number in /etc/rc?.d (probably /etc/rc2.d) than the
> sendmail init script. They're started in sequence by /etc/init.d/rc.

Hey Colin.

Yeah, that was my first thought.  It was already S99fetchmail in the
rc2.d and rc3.d directories.  The problem is that the one or two
intervening starts does not cover the sometimes sizable delay in
sendmail starting :\

Hence the desire to check for the state of the sendmail start script.
If it is able to tell that sendmail has merrily started accepting
connections, that would be the ideal time to start fetchmail.  As it
stands right now, I su and start it manually any time I power up my
machine.

Mike Pfleger

There's seventy brilliant people on earth.
Where are they hiding?
"Yashar" -Cabaret Voltaire (off of "2x45")