Re: Voodoo5, unstable, X11 v.4, etc with more info

"John F. Davis" wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am trying to run Quake3 on my debian Sid x86 computer.
> When I try to run quake, it starts then says :

> ...setting mode 3: 640 480
> Using XFree86-VidModeExtension Version 2.1
> XF86DGA Mouse (Version 2.0) initialized
> XFree86-VidModeExtension Activated at 640x480
> Using 4/4/4 Color bits, 16 depth, 0 stencil display.
> gd error (glide): Can't find or access Banshee/V3 board
> gd error (glide): grSstSelect:  non-existent SSTReceived signal 11,
> exiting...
>
> I have a Voodoo5.

  do you have glide installed? x-mesa? kernel module? I have posted the
message listing what's needed recently, you can try archives.

  xlibmesa3 (openGL implementation)
  libglide3 (low level library used by xlibmesa3 for voodoo cards)
  tdfx kernel module (you might need to recompile your kernel)
  proper changes to XF86Config, email me if you cannot find my previous
post or other source of info...

	erik