Re: ipmasq - recompile kernel?

Andy Laurence <andy@themidwestgroup.com> writes:
AL> I've done an apt-get install ipmasq and it seems to have installed
AL> correctly.  However, when I type the command 'ipmasq' I get the error
AL> message 'IP Masquerade has not been enabled in the kernel'.  I installed
AL> Potato using the 3 ide-pci flavour install disks.  Does this mean I have to
AL> recompile the kernel with ipmasq included?

I don't actually know what's in the stock kernels; I wouldn't be
terribly surprised if they didn't include IP forwarding or random
IPmasq modules.  Building your own kernel under Debian is fairly
straightforward, though.  Install the kernel-package package, and read
its documentation for details.

	-- Abra Mitchell