From: Oliver Elphick [mailto:olly@lfix.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 6:29 PM
To: Mike Kuhar
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: apt problems with http.us.debian.org?

"Mike Kuhar" wrote:
  >Good evening Fellow Debians,
  >
  >I went to do an apt-get upgrade, just a few moments ago, after doing an upda
      >te
  >on unstable.  It told me I had 54 packages to upgrade.  The problem is that
      >only
  >half actually downloaded and upgraded from http.us.debian.org.  The rest 404
      >'d
  >on me.  What gives?  Any one else experience this problem?

The mirror is out of sync.  Try again in the morning, or try a
different mirror.

     "And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto
      you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat;
      neither for the body, what ye shall put on. For life
      is more than meat, and the body is more than clothing.
      Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap;
      they have neither storehouse nor barn; and yet God
      feeds them;  how much better you are than the birds!
      Consider the lilies, how they grow; they toil
      not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that
      Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of
      these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to
      day in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven;
      how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little
      faith?  And seek not what ye shall eat, or what ye
      shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
      But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these
      things shall be added unto you."
                              Luke 12:22-24; 27-29; 31.