Re: apt problems with http.us.debian.org?

Pretty often actually.  Have multiple sources, be prepared to comment out
the ones that don't work right now, and re-update and re-upgrade if the
situation occurs again.  Basically, http.us.debian.org is never the most
trustworthy under the best of circumstances, and sometimes can be a real
bitch, depending on what round-robin server you get.  Try using FTP, I've
found better success that way.

--
Galt's sci-fi paradox:  Stormtroopers versus Redshirts to the death.