Re: Problems with APM after recompiling of kernel.

Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com> wrote on 03/09/2001 (10:40) :
> On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 12:06:58PM -0400, Brian Nelson wrote:
> > Interestingly, I have a similar problem on my laptop.  The 2.4.9
> > kernel broke apm (/proc/apm didn't exist) but it appeared to load
> > properly on bootup.  2.4.8 still works fine though.
>
> I can not see /proc/apm even in my stock 2.4.8-686-smp (from kernel-image).
>
> Does the use of intrd affects power-off feature of apm bios?
>
> I have append="apm=on apm=power-off" set in lilo.conf

I have now added  apm=power-off to my lilo and now it works again. I
have /dev/apm

Thanks all for the help.

Preben Randhol
--
«Don't use C;  In my opinion,  C is a library programming language
 not an app programming language.»  - Owen Taylor (GTK+ developer)

Use Ada 95, a free language. More info at http://www.adapower.com/