Re: man v. info (was Re: mandb gets stuck!)

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 11:54:09PM -0400, Brian Nelson wrote:
> I also agree.  I think what bothers me most about info pages is that
> they often read like books.  They're usually arranged in a format
> resembling chapters covering each topic in thorough detail.  This is
> fine if I want to read a book about Emacs, for example, but sucks if I
> just want a quick reference for a command line switch or something.

I don't know ... I find the CVS and grub info pages to be infinitely
more informative (groan) than the manpages.  OTOH it's only been the
past two or three years that I've been able to navigate in an info
browser, and I've been using linux for some time now :)

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.