Re: mandb gets stuck!

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 11:36:08PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 04:25:01AM -0500, Colin Watson
> (cjwatson@debian.org) wrote:
> > I'm afraid none of that will work - it turns out it's the database
> > (/var/cache/man/X11R6/index.bt) that's broken, not the man pages.
>
> How did you determine this?

About two months ago, I wrote the code that is getting into a loop. ;) I
knew it was that because of the various patterns of output he described.
I also don't think it's possible for a broken man page to cause mandb to
loop, although if you manage it I'd love to hear about it ...

Besides, Eugene sent me the database in question, and I had a look at it
with accessdb.

--
Colin Watson (man-db maintainer)              [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]