Re: nvidia-glx and dpkg-divert

On 02 Sep 2001 19:20:32 -0700, Geoffrey Romer wrote:

> > On 02 Sep 2001 21:29:56 +0100, David wrote:
> >
> > > Just use the drivers from nVidia.
> >
> > ...and encourage a company to continue releasing non-Free software.
>
> Dude, the Debs are just a packaged version of the Nvidia drivers, and
> auto-download from Nividia's site, so it makes no difference.

It certainly does make a difference. I was not criticising Debian
packages/maintainers, merely the nature of the Nvidia drviers.

> And, from what I'm told, Nvidia would like to open their drivers

<sarcasm>
Oh yes, that's right, because Nvidia "care" deeply about such things :P
</sarcasm>

> Regardless, I like the debs

I like debs, I think their grrrreat however I think Nvidia's drivers are
evil. Is there anything actually preventing you from using XF86 "nv"?

--jcm