Re: nvidia-glx and dpkg-divert

> On 02 Sep 2001 21:29:56 +0100, David wrote:
>
> > Just use the drivers from nVidia.
>
> ...and encourage a company to continue releasing non-Free software.

Dude, the Debs are just a packaged version of the Nvidia drivers, and
auto-download from Nividia's site, so it makes no difference.

And, from what I'm told, Nvidia would like to open their drivers, but are
restricted by the copyrights SGI has on OpenGL.

Regardless, I like the debs, although I am currently experiencing this same
problem. I'm told you just need to fix the diversions by hand, though I
haven't yet done so. The debs are especially handy if you recompile your
kernel with make-kpkg- they just integarate pretty much automatically,
whereas the unpackaged Nvidia drivers don't.

--
Geoffrey M. Romer
gromer@hmc.edu