Re: debian-user-digest Digest V101 #1347

Hello Bud Rogers,
 When I last ventured into WinLinux, the only advantage was its
 installation on an existing Windows partition using UMSDOS. This
 is similar to what Slackware used to do (still does?)
 The installation was fast, and I did not get any option to select
 what I wanted to install. It pretty much installed everything.

 So, WinLinux is good for Windows users who want to play with Linux
 on an existing WinXX partition. So if the user is unable to cope with
 Linux's coolness, he can delete the \linux directory, and get back to
 his wonderfully cozy world of Windows.

 Apart from that, there were very few benefits that I found.

 Bud Rogers wrote:

| This is totally OT for the list, but bear with me.
|
| My wife runs W98 on her PC.  I've been trying to get her interested in Linux
| for a couple of years now.  As Linux in general and KDE in particular have
| gotten more and more user friendly, she has gradually moved from polite
| indifference to mild interest.

Vikram

--

2-3-13-203: 天国