Re: ALERT: XFree86 4.1.0-3 maintainer scripts hosed; please wait for 4.1.0-4

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Craig Dickson wrote:

>dman wrote:
>
>> I use bash as my shell.  However the depends for initrd and/or
>> kernel-image want ash, so /bin/sh is ash.
>
>I have ash installed also, but my /bin/sh --> bash. So I don't think that
>the ash install script makes that association, at least not if it's
>already pointing elsewhere.

It shouldn't.  /bin/sh -> /bin/bash in all cases unless you do weird
things.  There have been some corner cases where a postinst script
overwrote the link, but they've all been reported as bugs and fixed.

--
EMACS == Eight Megabytes And Constantly Swapping