Re: Configuring a printer whose specification is not shown by printtool

On 2 Sep 2001, Jon Masters wrote:

> On 01 Sep 2001 19:57:01 -0600, John Galt wrote:
> >
> > Use something other than a roothat-based printer configuration tool.  I
> > think that magicfilter knows about epson LX-300's, and I even think that
> > Epson once made some filters specifically available from their website.

Magicfilter (epson9-filter) knows about the lx-300 because ghostscript
knows about epson 9 pin dot matrix printers (-sDEVICE=epson). Is
printtool so different, doesn't it use "gs", why wouldn't printtool
take take advantage of gs's built in ability to produce output
for the epson. I know nothing about printtool, but  it is surprising
to me that printtool cannot be set up for the lx-300. Is this an
oversight?