Re: Console Fonts

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 09:15:52AM -0600, Rob Waggoner wrote:
> Which package do I need to investigate to do to a linux console what mode
> con:lines=50 did for a dos console?

If you want it to be set this way when you reboot and not change
later, the easiest thing to do is put ``vga=ext'' in your lilo.conf
file, run lilo, and reboot. If you want to be able to change it on the
fly you will need to use svgatextmode or fbset. These will take
considerably more configuration.

BTW: Instead of replying to an existing message for a new subject
line you probably want to start a new thread by mailing to the list
instead of replying to a list message. This way, your message doesn't
get buried in an unrelated subject thread. You're a lot more likely to
get a response that way.

HTH
dave t.

--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all