[Fwd: Re: Mozilla & JAVA]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Mozilla & JAVA
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:55:55 +0200
From: Georges Goncalves <melkor@lords.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
<[🔎] 20010830174123.A12574@c243491-a.aurora1.co.home.com>

Le -08.31.2001 01:41:23-, « Jimmy Richards (linuxrh@home.com) »
a écrit quelques phrases célèbres sur « Re: Mozilla & JAVA »

JR> 	I had the names in my symlink command backwards, it should be
JR>
JR> ln -sv /usr/lib/j2re1.3/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so
javaplugin_oji-mozilla-0.9.3.so

JR> whilst in the /etc/alternatives. If you tried it already I'm sure
that
JR> was pretty obvious. Anyway, hope it all worked out ok.

No it doesn't ! Grmblll!!! I don't understand what's wrong :(

su root, launch mozilla, http://www.javasoft.com, mozilla prompts for a
missing plugin, download the plugin for Linux, auto install of the
plugin (under : /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/java2) as well as auto
symlinking libjavaplugin_oji.so to :
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugin/java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so

I quit Moz and restart... about:plugins still empty...

Ok, I cd to /etc/alternatives and do the symlink above.

I quit Moz and restart... about:plugins still empty...

Ok, still in /etc/alternatives, I symlink to javaplugin_oji.so (no
-mozilla-0.9.3)

I quit Moz and restart... about:plugins still empty...

Ok, I cd to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins and I symlink as /etc/alternatives
(with -mozilla-0.9.3 in the symlink)

I quit Moz and restart... about:plugins still empty...

Arrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh !!!! I think I tested all the
possibilities and I still don't know what I'm doing wrong :((

Greetings,
--
              _