Re: Basic kernel 2.4.9 panic???

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 01:10:58PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

| I had a simular problem when I enabled the Ramdisk and cramfs when I
| went to 2.4.9.  I thought I would see what all the initrd stuff was
| about.  So I de-selected all the initrd items and compiled without it.
| BTW I compile the old way, not with make kpkg, and I get the kernels
| from kernel.org.  Anyway I didn't get those errors anymore.

If you enable the initrd stuff, then you need to have an initrd and
use it when booting.  There is an argument to make-kpkg that will
create an initrd as well as the kernel image (I have no idea wrt
standard builds).  I use grub as my bootloader and need to have an
"initrd=/boot/initrd" (or whatever it is named) in my kernel arguments
and then "initrd /boot/initrd" as the last command (instead of
"boot").

HTH if you want to try the initrd stuff again.
-D