gnomeprint wont print

Printing from gnome apps (gnucash, abiword, gnumeric, etc) is broken :(

Everything displays ok on screen, but when you try to either print or
print preview, everything comes out in helvetica normal, regardless of
what it's supposed to do.

I'm running mostly woody, but the latest gnome stuff from unstable so I
can get new versions of gnucash, abiword and gnumeric, and the problem
has only surfaced since I made this upgrade.

There seem to be numerous bug reports with abiword regarding fonts, but
I'm not experienceing any of them (version 0.9.2) - and since it seems
to be afftecting anything that uses the gnomeprint stuff (latex,
netscape, koffice stuff all seem to print fine) - my wild stab in the
dark is that the problem lies here somewhere.

Has anyone else had this problem?

any fixes?

any ideas if it's a bug in some package?

is something else wrong on the font side of my machine?

am I insane? (don't answer that one)

cheers

dc

But, with very few exceptions, it is the composers of
the tunes, not the writers of the words, which have
made our English hymns famous.  The average Englishman
will happily sing any words to a good tune.

                                        Reginald Frary
                               "Don't upset the choir"

David Purton

http://www.chariot.net.au/~dcpurton/