[ot] web/gui interfaces to databases...

I am looking for an interface that would allow
one easily enter data into a database (the database
type is largely irrelevant although I would like
one is based on ascii files and could be modified
with vi).

It would be desirable to be able to enter data
of various formats into the database. For example,
bibtex entries, webpages of a certain style in
which the headings and body could be edited WITHOUT
having to directly create HTML. Another feature would
be the ability to convert the internal data to multiple
output formats like html, tex, ps, etc. Perhaps the
various pythong-mysql package or something else.

My ultimate goal is to create a website with various
kinds of data all stored in a database and have the data
generated either dynamically or via a crontab.

I have heard of Zope but it looks a little too windows
oriented...

-walter
`