Re: [ot] web/gui interfaces to databases...

It sure sounds to me like you're talking about php with pretty much any
database backend (PostgreSQL is my choice, but others will probably
suggest mySQL).  I've done the same thing with perl, but from reputation
php is probably closer to your goal.

XML is also a good candidate; having never worked with it I can't offer
much more than that!

Good luck.

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA